Log in to Accommodation E-lert for instant access to the latest cases on the duty to accommodate in Canada and their impact on the unionized workplace.
Recent ACCOMMODATION E-LERTs:
- : "Employer rejects recommendation of independent medical evaluation and refuses to reinstate grievor to safety-sensitive position due to use of medical marijuana"
- : "Alberta Court of Appeal rules proper test for establishing prima facie discrimination in family status cases does not require self-accommodation"
- : "Employer’s misunderstanding of medical information results in a failure to accommodate"
- : "Employer should have begun accommodation process earlier, after receiving third medical report, even if further information needed"
- : "Employer fails to accommodate by not seeking further medical information of an employee’s ability to return to work"